Saturday, January 5, 2013

Blog<Fitness>

Jan 5, 2013

Hello, internet. I've decided to dredge this thing back up again. Long story short: I want to lose some weight that has crept back on over the past 2 years. A period, that had its good moments, but is mostly one that I want to forget.

So, my plan is to start keeping track of my fitness, my diet, and my weight loss (and whatever else I decide to track) in the hopes that the Internet Shame ™ will kick me into action again.

Part of it will be a meal and workout tracker and part of it will be goal tracking with (hopefully) weekly updates. Here are the 3 things I want to change the most, along with some goals for achieving the change:

Running
I want to be able to run further, and I want it to be barefoot. I actually had a pretty good year last year.I did my first ever 5K with my mom and cousin, followed by another 5K a few weeks later, and 6K (billed as 5K, but was at least a half mile more) trail run to end the year. All of them barefoot (and all of them with my mom). I have a 10K scheduled in April (also with Mom), and I want to be able to run the whole thing barefoot. That's basically my goal. Barefoot 10K in April. I'll create a new goal after that point.

Weight Loss
I want to be down to 200 lbs. I had been hovering around 230 all of last year until the holiday season hit. I just weighed myself and I'm at 238. It's depressing after looking back over this blog and seeing what I went through 2 years ago to get down under 200 lbs. Lots of stuff contributed to the lapse, and I might get into some of it in this blog, but long story short is that I want to be in better physical shape. Partly because it will help my running goal, and partly because I want to look good in the mirror. My short term goal is to be at or under 220 by my April 10K. My goal by the end of July is to be 200 lbs. I'll reevaluate after that.

Self-control
Less dependent on caffeine/sodas. I've been drinking about 2 cups of coffee a day and at least 1 soda, sometimes 2 or 3, for the past year. My goal for the duration of my weight loss is no soda (at all) and coffee only on the weekends. I like the way coffee tastes, but I don't want the dependency on the caffeine. This goal is mostly to prove that I have some self-control, and because I know that cutting out the extra calories will help me to reach my weight loss goal.


So, there it is. Starting 2013 with 3 attainable goals. My next post will outline my strategy for meeting the weight loss goal, as well as my initial food/workout entry. 

And then I'll probably cry in a corner because what the fuck have I been doing for 2 years?


-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment